Hudson River HealthCare Now Offers Affordable Health Care Services in Hudson, New York
Hudson, NY (April 28, 2014) – Hudson River HealthCare (HRHCare), a not-for-profit, federally qualified health care system that offers a range of medical services at its facilities throughout New York State, announced today that the Health Center at Hudson in Hudson, New York is officially open to patients. This new facility will, for the first time, offer HRHCare’s unique affordable and holistic family health care services directly to residents in Columbia and Green Counties. The health center is located at 750 Union Street, Hudson, NY 12534.
“We are so pleased to open a new health center in Hudson so the residents of Columbia and Greene Counties could receive the health care they need at a price and an approach that works best for them,” said Anne Kauffman Nolon, MPH, President and CEO of HRHCare. “Our mission is to provide access to affordable health care to everyone in our service areas. This new health center will enable us to further accomplish that goal by offering several healthy-living workshops and patient services to residents in the region.”
HRHCare’s facilities throughout New York State provide a holistic approach to healthcare, accommodating patients’ financial, cultural, language and scheduling needs. Along with being open for patients to make appointments with doctors, The Health Center at Hudson will also host several workshops for residents to help maintain a healthy lifestyle.
HRHCare will hold a series of open houses through Friday, May 16 to introduce Columbia and Greene County residents to the new facility and its staff. Open houses will offer free screenings for blood pressure, BMI and blood sugar. The open house will also offer free HIV testing and pregnancy tests. A Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) and a Medical Doctors (MD) will be available on Tuesdays Wednesdays to see patients either by appointment or as walk-ins. The center’s hours are:
- Monday, 9:00am – 4:00pm
- Tuesday 10:00am – 6:00pm
- Wednesday 9:00am – 4:00pm
- Thursday 10:00pm – 6:00pm
- Friday 9:00am-2:00pm
For more information about the Health Center at Hudson, or to make an appointment, please call 1-844-HRH-CARE (1-844-474-2273) or visit the HRHCare website, www.hrhcare.org.
# # #
Hudson River HealthCare, Inc. (HRHCare) is a nonprofit, New York State licensed, Federally Qualified Health Center. Founded in 1975 to provide care to the medically underserved population of Peekskill, NY, HRHCare has grown to include:
- 25 health centers and mobile health systems delivering care throughout a 10 county region of New York to a culturally and racially diverse patient population of nearly 100,000, with more than 400,000 patient visits annually.
- A full range of services including family/internal medicine, women’s health care, pediatrics, dentistry, behavioral health care, optometry, podiatry, and nutritional counseling.
- An innovative organization structure that works to improve the health of communities through a network of partnerships: with businesses, social service organizations, housing cooperatives, food banks, farm workers alliances and community organizations.
For full information: www.HRHCare.org, or 1-844-HRH-CARE (1-844-474-2273).