Security and Privacy
To keep your information private, the Portal uses encryption, which is a safe connection between the portal and your computer. Encryption helps to deliver your health information and health related communication securely between the portal and your computer. As with any electronic communication, there are risks. HRHCare works hard to keep your information private and secure. There are steps you need to take to keep your health record safe.
If you suspect someone has gained access to your health information call — right away to report the incident.
Tips to Protect your health information:
1. Only give HRHCare a private, personal email address – not a shared or work email address. HRHCare will email you when new items have been posted in your Portal – like messages, appointment reminders, and more. We will not send health information over email.
2. Never tell anyone your Portal password – unless you want that person to see your health record. You are responsible for protecting your username and password.
3. Only log on to the portal on your own computer, cell phone, or tablet – or a computer you can trust. And make sure you are using a password protected internet connection or land-line connection. Using a friend’s computer, public computer (like at the library), or a work computer puts you at a higher risk of others seeing your health record.
4. Tell us immediately if your email address changes. If we don’t have your email address, we can’t send you messages about the Portal.
5. Change your password right away if you think someone found out your password. If someone knows you’re My HRHCare password they can access your health information.
Note: The list above includes suggestions and is not a complete list of ways to protect your health information.
Never use the Portal in the case of an emergency. Call 911 immediately if you are having a medical emergency. Communication with your Care Team via the portal is not instant. Never use the Portal for urgent health concerns. If you need to see your doctor the same day, always call.